April 20, 2009

70 degree and sunshine welcome

After getting the car packed...




And driving 33 hours...


We made it to Seattle!!!



It was sunny and 70 degrees in Seattle today. I think it wanted to give me a warm welcome :) The car ride was fun and was pretty flawless except for a little traffic near Chicago. The time went by fast as we had plenty to do with chatting, music, and all the gifts and snacks from our parents and friends. I can't wait to get some exercise after eating and sitting for 33 hours.

And with some family and friends slipping us some generous amounts of money before we left, we were able to make it out here without any cost to us. We even were able to treat ourselves to a celebratory breakfast. Thank you so much!

I start work on Wednesday and move into my housing on Sunday! I'll keep you posted! Thank you to all who prayed for our safe travel!

5 comments:

  1. Hurray! Glad you made it safe. Have a blast settling into your new life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're in Seattle now! Me, you, Jake, Carol... May 21st?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the pictures, Em! can't believe you're a Seattle resident!!!! I'm glad things are going well (from reading all your updated posts). And yeah... I don't know if I could do a dog in the city either. Temperature issues :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. welcome again to seattle. i know a really neat guy that works at my cafe that i'd like for you to meet.

    ReplyDelete