February 26, 2009

Oh airports, how I love thee

One week ago I spent one week and a half galvanting to the West Coast then going literally cross country to the East Coast. I LOVE to travel! I am actually looking for someone to financially support my travel habits. So, if you're interested, let me know;) Anyways, I love airports. I love people watching. I love trying to figure out where people are going (or why they're leaving) and what their story is. And no matter where you are in the world, you find the same types of people eveywhere. I started to make a list as I waited for my plane to depart in Seattle. These are the people that I saw, see if you can relate:

- the middle-aged man with the overly gelled spiked hair in a Nike jogging suit with ipod in his ear stretching in the middle of the waiting area
- 4 business men dressed in probably very expensive suits talking way to loud about their business plans
- the infamous middle-aged man flying by himself with the Hawaiian shirt and khaki shorts
- the young couple with the uncontrollable 3-year-old boy sprinting away at every chance he got
- the old ladies talking about waiting in line and asking each other questions about the boarding process and how things have changed over the years, I heard a lot of "remember when..."
- the awkward person sitting across from you that every time you look up you happen to make eye contact with
- the man...or woman...i couldn't really tell...they went into the women's bathroom though
- the teen texter
- the preppy lady with heels and Gucci purse talking on her headset
- the annoyed college-age son travelling with his mother and embarrassed that she keeps trying to do things for him
- dad/father standing outside the women's restroom with a bored look on his face holding his wife's and daughter's purses and garmet bags
- Melissa from the Bachelor look-a-like

So, if you've done ANY travel before, I am sure you can relate. More to come on the SkyMall magazine soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment