September 18, 2009

Summer Update

It's three quarters the way through September...that's crazy! That means I've almost lived here 5 months...even crazier! The summer is slowly coming to an end. The days are starting to get darker earlier :( but it has been an amazing and very fun summer! What I have been up to, you may ask? Here's a rundown of the summer...enjoy!


Our moms visited Seattle (I blogged about that:)

We went backpacking with Bethany and Josh to a lake called Blanca Lake. We climbed 3,000 feet in 3 miles (I think...something like that). I was ready to be done by the time we reached the lake. It was a gorgeous day to hike though.







I was fortunate enough to take some time off of work to meet my fam in CO to visit Abe while he was white-water rafting and guiding again this year. We went backpacking for 3 days, except I was sick practically the whole time and slept more than I was awake, but still had fun! My grandma Judy even came and went down the river, which was on her "bucket list." It was great to spend time with them!




Shortly after getting back from vacation, one of my best friends, Carrie, and her husband, John, arrived. They were already coming out here to visit family and got to hang the whole weekend with us! We did a ton of stuff and were absolutely exhausted...in a good way! Carrie took most of the pics so this is the only one I have...hopefully she'll post them on facebook soon (wink, wink).

Jake's sister, Abby, also visited for a few weeks. It was fun to have her here as well. We did our best at entertaining. The pic below is at a Mariners' game. My third one for the summer :) We get see Jake's other sister, Leah, pretty often since she only lives 40 minutes away.


We've spent lots of time in parks around Seattle, just hanging, playing frisbee or bocce ball, and most recently, frisbee golf. Good times!


My other best friend, Joy, and her brother, Troy, also came for a few days. I feel so special and spoiled to have two of my best friends come to visit ALL the way from Michigan. Once again, we were very busy and gave them the Seattle tour and experience!


Jake is with a group that has season tickets to the Seattle Sounders games (soccer) so I got to go with one day. We had a little problem with the tickets at the beginning and i'm told it wasn't thier best game, but I had fun!



We spent Labor Day weekend in Colorado. We flew in for Jake's friends, Carolyn and Drew's wedding. We stayed in a huge cabin with 25 more of Jake's friends. It was a very fun weekend, but my introverted side definitely needed some lovin after all that extroversion ;)


This past week we went to see the show, Wicked. It was very fun and nice to do something out of the ordinary!
In addition to all those things, I played on a softball team for the first half of the summer. Jake and all his friends play soccer and since my foot-eye coordination is lame, I just signed up for a softball team through the City rec leagues. I didn't know anybody, but I ended getting put on the perfect team! I think we came in second to last place, but they are fun to play with and have a good level of competitiveness. We went to a few other weddings and parties thrown in there as well. We've done some bike riding and some other day hikes too.
So, as you can see, it has been a good, busy, and very fun summer! It seems like life is going to slow down, but I don't think it actually will. We are going to be joining a small group at church in the next few weeks and will begin preparing for my mom and aunt coming to visit, then Jake's cousin visiting in October, then Jake's parents visiting in November. Work continues to go well and can be challenging at times. Friends are coming along, slowly, but they're coming.
Hopefully, thats a good update for you. I will try to blog again soon, but most likely I won't, but I will try :)


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like such a fun summer! It was great to catch up with you - glad you are enjoying Seattle! When can I meet this Jake guy? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Well I enjoyed the update! So glad you had a wonderful summer.... You may have even inspired me to have a blog like yours. Cause I think I would blog exactly like you. Every once in a great while. :) Hopefully we'll talk soon!

    ReplyDelete